Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wrinkles of Joy

Today was my 40th day of seva at Darbar Sahib.
.
Thank you to the alarm clock that separated me from slumber.
.
Thank you to the auto-rickshaw vala who dragged himself out of bed and took us to the Guru's door.
.
Thank you to the sangat that came for seva to help me bucketeer and get my trousers wet.
.
Thank you to the sevadar in charge who honoured Guru Darshan and me by allowing us to initiate the water-splashing to wash the Seat of Guru Ram Das.
.
Thank you to the Raagis who sang divinely.
.
Thank you to the beautiful souls who arranged flowers in front of the Guru.
.
Thank you to the sevadar who handed out that blissful parshaad.
.
Thank you to the Squidger who dried Box 28 on the parkarma so that I could sit there again.
.
Thank you, Mataji, for your warm hug.
.
Thank you, Guru Darshan, for sharing yet another day of seva with me. You are just as much a part of my seva as the buckets are :)
.
If I live long enough to grow old, I will take comfort in knowing that my wrinkles are nothing but the lines of joy that have been engraved onto my face from the endless indulgent smiles of today.
.
Thank you, Guru Ram Das.
.
.
With love,
Hari Kiren

1 comment:

Gurudarshan said...

you are so great!! Congratualtions - it has been the biggest blessing and pleasure to do these 40 days with you. It has changed my life for the better. I even more fully trust and love the Universe that has provided this experience: the learning, the buckets, the Naad, the Nectar, the Sangat, and most of all YOU! Seva won't be the same without you. How I relish in those witty comments of yours reminding me that I am not making sense and cheering as the bubble duckets come. May we travese across the world ocean as the Buru is the Goat which has already written on our foreheads our sweet destiny, o my sibling

god bless
gurudarshan